Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 9: What’s on your Bucket List or Life List? - 31 Day Blog Challenge

I don't necessarily have a life or bucket list yet, but for the past month or so I've been creating a "30 Before 30" list. My last birthday was "my last birthday" as I told everyone that the rest to come will my "29-again" birthdays. Turning 30 in itself isn't scary. I think it's more that turning 30 makes you realize that there was so much you wanted to do with your life and if you're not on a path to doing it all, THAT will scare you. In a way it's also sad to see your twenties left behind.

My twenties were great and my twenties also sucked. But all of the sucky parts helped me grow and learn and prepare myself for the rest of my life. By 30 we really begin to find ourselves, meet ourselves, and settle into our own skin. Everything that has happened in the last 29 years of my life has educated my soul in the best possible ways. I finally feel content and happy every day.

But I'm not one to just settle into life. I'm always looking for ways keep growing, to keep accomplishing, to keep becoming the best possible version of myself that I can be. So with the help of my husband and my daughter this morning I finally finished my "30 Before 30" list. I've already started to accomplish a few things on the list and I cannot wait to finish them all. So here it is, 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30.
 
30 Things to Accomplish Before Turning 30
  1. Get back in shape
  2. Learn to use my camera fully in manual mode Learning more and more every day
  3. Start writing again
  4. Make my craft room
  5. Learn how to sew (again)
  6. Grow an edible garden
  7. Finish making our Master Bedroom our dream space (halfway there!)
  8. Take a family vacation - JUST the 3 of us
  9. Read 6 books - not children's books
  10. Do something productive with the thousands of photographs I've taken over the years that just sit on my hard drives
  11. Do yoga consistently - not only when needed
  12. Take part in the NJ Lighthouse Challenge
  13. Hike 3 mountains
  14. Go see the wolves again
  15. Master 12 new healthy, family friendly, soy-free meals
  16. Make 30 Pinterest-found craft projects with Ava that I've pinned for "another day"
  17. Run a 5K  (I hate running) Completed 8/31/13 - The Color Run 5k NJ
  18. Immerse myself and family in The Arts 30 times (museums, exhibits, installations, plays/shows, concerts, etc.) Halfway there as of August
  19. Start blogging again
  20. Visit 5 State or National Parks or Recreation areas
  21. Open an ETSY store again, even if its just to de-stash my excessive supplies
  22. Take part in 5 charitable events - 3 completed, 2 to go (March for Babies, The Color Run, Ava's 7th Birthday party - Donations to First Book)
  23. Take time to be a kid again
  24. Take better control of my mornings
  25. Print, frame and make projects with our Wedding pictures
  26. Travel somewhere overnight by myself
  27. Do something with my husband that he loves but I would never do without him Wrestlemania 29 in April
  28. Host a Dinner Party
  29. Go without power for 24 hours
  30. Go out in style with a big celebration to welcome my 30s!

I have a little under 9 months to complete this list and full support from my husband and daughter. What do you think, will I accomplish it all?

********
 
Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!


Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about other bloggers bucket lists! Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:


4 comments:

Frank said...

Of course you will! You inspire me and make me want to be a better person every day. Thank you.

Tiffany C. said...

I adore your list. I just wrote a really long comment and the baby distracted me and I accidentally deleted it. Oh well.

Tami @ Mixed Media Life said...

I believe you will!! There's always the 40 before 40 list that I'm on. LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks Tiff! You inspired me to come up with the last few things on the list. I literally called a family meeting this morning so they could help me think up the rest of the goals to set. And sure, blame the baby ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...