Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 25: Describe Your Location - 31 Day Blog Challenge

When I look out my window I see the street that knew my bike tires well as a little girl. At the end of our street is what we referred to as our "Dead Man's Hill." It is the hill that slopes steeply down the bluff we live atop right up to the creek that feeds the marshes and wetlands we overlook.

A few blocks away is the street I grew up on, Mae, and I still carry the pieces of my life there with me every single day. My stomping grounds included the forest behind my parents house with countless brooks that led to the creek and marshes. If we weren't in the street playing with all the kids on the block we were down in the woods building forts, exploring, hiking, even hunting for Indian and Revolutionary War artifacts that our parents made us turn over to the local State Museum. We didn't need toys in this neighborhood, we had such big imaginations.

Summers on Mae were the best times so it's no wonder I settled so close to where I grew up. I have always loved the location as well. We are halfway between New York City and Philadelphia which we frequent often and minutes from Princeton (where I also work). We can get to the Jersey Shore in under 30 minutes. We have 127 miles of gorgeous Jersey coastline (not to be confused with MTV's portrayal). And there is so much history at our fingertips.

I may be in the suburbs in an extremely overcrowded town but our piece of land is very secluded, tucked away in a quiet neighborhood that overlooks some pretty amazing sunsets. We are surrounded by such a culture rich environment that it satisfies our every thirst.

******** 
Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!

Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about other bloggers hobbies. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

1 comment:

Frank said...

I couldn't be happier in our surroundings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...