Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 24: My Most Embarrasing Moment - 31 Day Blog Challenge

I think it's hard for us as adults to find anything embarrassing anymore. By this point in life most of us have learned to just laugh at ourselves when we do something that would otherwise be embarrassing. I honestly have had to go all the way back to high school to remember something that at that time mortified me.

In my sophomore year of high school our marching band took a cruise to the Bahamas as part of a band competition festival. We performed in the streets of Nassau shortly after docking which was an amazing feeling since I had choreographed the routine we were performing. I felt invincible because we all performed so perfectly.

Later in the day when they ferried us to Blue Lagoon I was still feeling that post-performance adrenaline high. Then I fell down a flight of wooden steps in front of all my friends and countless others and skinned and bruised my shin and toe good. I still to this day have a small indent in my shin where it took most of the impact.

Reality really hits hard doesn't it? It pulled me right back down to the ground from the clouds I was walking in after our performance. I was mortified when it happened but looking back now I should have went and found some ice for my bruised shin and ego. Instead I just tried to brush it off and pretend it didn't happen.

My most recent fall down the steps happened at my parents house. I terrified my poor daughter who had to witness it first hand as I fell hard and hit ever single step on the way down. I was ok, just some massive bruising on my elbow and hip. But once I landed at the bottom I was consumed by uncontrollable laugher. Maybe because my funny bone hit every step on the way down? When my brother finally got to me he thought I broke my arm and was hysterically crying. It was quite the opposite, those tears were from laughter. I can only imagine what was going through my daughter's head as she still was in shock from what happened. I'm just happy I've learned to let these klutzy moments just roll off my back.

******** 

Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!

Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about other bloggers hobbies. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

3 comments:

Frank said...

I tripped on a crack in the sidewalk today.

Laura said...

I've fallen down stairs in front of people too. It's so embarrassing!

Unknown said...

Isn't it? I like it better when I fall up the steps :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...