Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 29: What's Your Favorite Time of Year and Why?

In New Jersey we are fortunate to experience all four seasons. The beginning of each of them is always exciting, enjoyable and something to look forward to. But my favorite time of year has always been fall and my favorite month has always been October.

Through spring and summer the trees are waiting patiently in the wings. They go mostly unnoticed in spring if they're not the flowering kind. They then offer much needed shade on those thick, moist summer days. But once fall comes they finally have their chance to take center stage. The foliage is not only breathtaking but offers such an overwhelmingly pleasant aroma of the landscape to enjoy simultaneously. The crunch of the leaves underfoot also elates me.

I was fortunate enough to find myself traveling through the Swiss, Austrian and German Alps during mid-October in 2005 during the peak foliage week. It was breathtaking and a fall I will never forget. It was absolutely the perfect time for me to be exploring those countries. We drove from country to country passing old castles in ruins and exploring the perfectly preserved castles of Ludwig's grand estates. This photo is one I snapped looking out from Neuschwanstein. It was the King's view and it's one of my favorite photos of mine that represent my favorite time of year.

The view from Neuschwanstein in Bavaria, Germany

Autumn in New York is pretty Grand too!

******** 
Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about other bloggers favorite seasons. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

1 comment:

Frank said...

And now a new reason to love fall: Our anniversary :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...