Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 18: Where Are You Happiest? - 31 Day Blog Challenge

I find that I am happiest two places. I'm a joyful happy when surrounded by family and friends I love so dearly. And I'm a peaceful happy when I immerse myself in nature.

Don't let my stilettos fool you, I'm a nature girl by heart. I grew up surrounded by my large family and we most often found ourselves surrounded by nature. Whether it be in my own backyard that overlooked a vast wetlands of marshes and thick woods or the many vacations we took to different State and National forests. Inserting our large seven person family into such an even bigger National Park like Acadia really threw perspective in my face. We were like tiny ants in this vast mountainous gorgeous park that was swallowed up by the ocean on all sides.

To this day Maine is still one of my happy places because it's impossible not to see all of nature's beauty when you are there. From the ocean to the rocky cliffs, from the mountains covered in flora and fauna to the dark night sky penetrated with a million stars that make up the milky way, beauty is everywhere you look in Acadia. People are happy places too, like my family, because wherever they are with me I'm happy. And when they're in Maine with me its pure bliss.

Hiking Cadillac Mountain = Happiness

Exploring Otter Cliffs with my daughter = Happiness
Exploring tide pools through young eyes = Happiness
Picking wild blueberries in this field overlooking
Jordan Pond and The Bubbles = Happiness
 
Eating lunch on these cliffs after a long hike enjoying THIS VIEW = Happiness
 
 ********

Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!

Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about where other bloggers are happiest. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:



1 comment:

Frank said...

Maine is now ONE of my favorite places. Thank you for taking me there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...