Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 12: Something I Miss - 31 Day Blog Challenge

There are so many things in life that we leave behind or grow away from like people, places, things, or even moments. And a lot of times just the thought of those things we miss can make us smile inside as we reminisce. Missing something also has the power to bring us to tears with such sorrow for what can never happen again. It's hard for me to think about things I miss because I associate missing something with sadness, regret or negativity; those are three things I work hard to keep out of my life. But there are many memories I cherish and moments that will never be forgotten that I find myself thinking about from time to time.

So I guess I'll call this list the memories of people, places, things or even moments that I cherish.

  • The many summer family vacations to Acadia National Park in Maine, my absolute favorite National Park.
  • The daytime naps that my daughter took lying on my chest for the first three months of her life. I never wanted to put her down as a baby.
  • Christmas Eve at my Nanny and Poppy's house in Staten Island while growing up.
  • Driving my little red Miata with the top down on a humid, cloudless summer night.
  • The Jersey Shore.
  • Childhood friends
  • Building forts in the woods behind my parents house with my brothers
  • Walks with my Grandpa. He passed when I was really young but I always remember the walks he took us on and holding his hand.
  • My brother whose hip I used to be attached to but I don't see often enough these days with both of our crazy schedules
  • Countless trips with my daughter, Aunt and Uncle to New York City
  • Summer nights catching fireflies and keeping them for the night in old Welches Grape Jelly jars
  • Lunch everyday at Barefoot overlooking the Caribbean on our Honeymoon in Antigua
  • Family far and wide. I have a huge family and think of them all quite often.
  • And moments like this with my cousin Tiffany and family:
 
********
 
Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!
 
 
 
Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about what other bloggers are writing about what they miss. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

1 comment:

Frank said...

I miss watching the sunset with you every evening in Antigua.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...