Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 5: Favorite Movies You Never Get Sick of Watching - 31 Day Blog Challenge

Some of my favorite movies of all time are ones my Husband would never watch with me. And one in particular we can't seem to get enough of. It's quite an eclectic mix.

  • I love anything Audrey Hepburn. I can't get enough of her. Especially in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Perfection. Yup, I'm alone on this one until I decide my daughter is old enough to watch with me. Until then we share a favorite children's book about her, Just Being Audrey (Margaret Cardillo) that happens to be illustrated by one of our favorite children's illustrators, Julia Denos.

  • 10 Things I Hate About You has always been a top movie of mine. I love everything about it from the cast (hello Heath Ledger and Jason Gordon-Levitt!) to the music to the set locations to the fact that its a modern rendition of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. I adore Shakespeare, just like Mandella did. I was full of non-conformist teen girl angst just like Kat. I didn't care what anybody thought about me just like Patrick. I could go on which is how relatable every character in the movie is to kids coming of age. It fits so perfectly into the lifestyles of teens in the 90s.

  • Cruel Intentions is another. It set the stage for Gossip Girl. Sebastian dominated the halls (and girls) of his Upper-East Side Prep School long before Chuck Bass came into existence. The fashion, the backstabbing, the manifesto of the 90s all found their way into the halls of Constance and the cache of the Gossip Girl blog a decade later. And of course Kathryn parallels Blair Waldorf but was much more calculating and conniving than the Queen B ever could be. Annette Hargove, the 90s and female version of Dan Humphrey, was so naïve but ultimately came full circle on her quest to find out if and where she fit into this New York City lifetyle of the rich and richer in the same way Dan did by the end of the Gossip Girl series. I love Cruel Intentions and I finally now realize why I was just as addicted to Gossip Girl.

  • Anchor Man is my absolute favorite comedy. When I'm having a bad day I literally command my Husband to start throwing quotes at me to flip my mood. He has the entire movie memorized and will recite the lines with perfect inflection that you could honestly mistake him for the real Ron Burgundy. I cannot wait for Anchor Man 2 out later this year!

  • Sex and the City Seasons 1-6. No they're not movies, but boy can I marathon through those DVDs. I can watch every episode over and over. The life of Carrie Bradshaw and her gal pals just hooks me. Oh, and do I have to mention the Shoes?

Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!

3 comments:

Frank said...

"HELLO Wes MAN-TOOTH."

Robbie K said...

Anchorman is hilarious and now I feel the need to watch it again.

Tiffany C. said...

Yay!!! So happy you're blogging again. Thanks for joining my challenge and linking up. Stay Classy Kelly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...