Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 3: What Makes You Happy? - 31 Day Blog Challenge

Every mother out there will immediately respond to the question, "What makes you happy?" with the answer, "My child!" Which is true. Our Children bring us inexplicable joy and happiness with their mere existence alone. They can also bring us to our knees in pure frustration that can sometimes be accompanied by tears or even yelling. But it is that joy how ever much or little that can turn an entire day around.

My Daughter loves me unconditionally. She is so encouraging, so selfless, wise beyond her years and quite the conversationalist. She's my other half. We had some troublesome toddler years full of battles she fought to find her footing and boundaries. And even before that as she fought a battle to adjust to life in a modern (not broken) family. And then even before that as she fought and won a battle against prematurity. Through all of this she has grown into an amazing little lady that makes me so proud to be able to say I'm her mother. She makes me happy.

When I'm grouchy or having a bad day, she hugs me gently, gives me a soft kiss on the cheek and curls up next to me never wanting or asking anything of me. She just wants to be there for me. She doesn't just do this for me, she does this for everyone. She's six and always knows the right things to say. She makes me happy.

She is so candidly optimistic. She sees the best in every situation and every person she comes across. If you are not applying yourself to the best of your abilities she will inform you in such an encouraging way. She wants everyone to be good. She wants the world to be good. She wants to do good. She makes me happy.

I have been telling my Husband lately how lucky we are, how good we have it with her. And some opinions may mistake this as bragging. However it may be taken, it is my declaration of gratitude to my Daughter. As cliché as it may be, my answer is simple. My Daughter makes me happy.



Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!

1 comment:

Frank said...

Very well said Kelly. Yes,we are very lucky to have her. I love you both so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...