Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 7: My Dream Job – 31 Day Blog Challenge


To pick just one dream job is quite difficult when there are so many awesome jobs out there to make your own and the possibilities are endless. I went to school for Television Production because I love everything about the field from the writing and pre-production to directing, filming, and being both behind and in front of the camera. And my favorite part came in post-production in the editing room where the entire script and all the production work really comes alive.

The biggest thrill for me came from Producing a live county-wide news program in college that went on to win a National Communicator Award in 2006. I still love everything about the field but decided to walk away from it to have a family. That line of work interfered with the kind of mother I wanted to be to my daughter so I moved on.

After my daughter was born my love of photography blossomed. It became my new creative outlet and from then on my face was hidden behind my lens. I learned a great deal about film and video cameras in college that I can translate the basics over to still photography but I still have a great deal to learn. To make a career out of it would be amazing but my abilities are not there yet. And as much as I love a good photograph to speak for itself, I can't help but want to add words. To be a travel photojournalist for amazing publication like National Geographic Traveler would be a dream. I ache to see the world and to share my experiences and to do it for such an iconic company as National Geographic is my ultimate dream. A girl can dream, can't she?



I managed to find an old picture of me in the control room closely watching the monitors during a live show. By the look on my face, something bad just happened live!


Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about other bloggers dream jobs! Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!

3 comments:

Tiffany C. said...

To work for National Geographic would be an amazing job. You'd get to see every section of the world. You've got such an amazing eye that your photos would be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hard at work. :)

Unknown said...

Aww thanks Tiff! Maybe one day.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...