Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 17: Why and When Did I Start Blogging? - 31 Day Blog Challenge

There are three answers to this and three blogs to go along with that answer. I initially started blogging back in college almost a decade ago. I was a young twenty-something just trying to make sense of life and trying to find meaning in my everyday meanderings. I was writing so much for my classes that I just wanted to write for myself. So I blogged to keep the words flowing and find my voice.

Then my daughter was born and I created a new blog, "Dear Ava, With Love." It began as an open letter to my daughter as I tried to make sense of why she was born premature. I had so many questions I needed to ask before I could eventually make peace with what happened. Blogging helped big time. I chronicled her journey to "normalcy" and even beyond that up through preschool. I never wanted to forget a single moment and I'm thankful that blog holds everything. But then when our lives started getting busier I started chronicling her life on Facebook instead as it was easier. Soon after the blogging stopped.

Life got so busy there was no time for blogging. Three years ago I wallowed for a bit in all of my spare time (besides, no good writing comes from those emotions). Two years ago we bought a house which took up all our spare time. Then last year I went from working only part-time to full-time working and still have yet to find balance between work and home life (we're getting there). And last year I also poured all my creative energy into planning my absolute dream Wedding.

When the dream Wedding Day was done, and the initial aftermath of Hurricane Sandy was done, and the holidays were all done I said I would start blogging again. I even added it to my 30 Before 30 list. But I procrastinated a bit because I really just wanted a big nap. Last year exhausted me. But then I bought a new laptop and started reading my cousin Tiffany's blog again and I saw she was hosting this blog challenge. No more procrastinating. I spent 4 days catching up and have been blogging ever since. Honestly, I'm surprised I'm even keeping up with this challenge. But I'm so happy that I am because writing can be so therapeutic.

Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!
Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about what prompted other bloggers to start blogging. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

3 comments:

Frank said...

I'm proud of you

Laura said...

What a gorgeous reason to blog! And I had no idea that Tiffany was your cousin! You're a lucky lady!

Unknown said...

Yup! She rocks. Such an awesome cousin and friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...