Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 20: What Do You Collect? - 31 Day Blog Challenge

Other than the laundry collecting in in quite a few hampers throughout my house and the collection of toys proudly scattered all over the floor of my daughter's bedroom, I do collect a few things.

We seem to have a large collection of books in this house. I'd guess anywhere between one and two hundred. My daughter's collection rivals a small bookstore!

I also collect old (and new) cameras. Vintage cameras are my favorite and I'm slowly expanding that collection which started when I acquired my Poppy's old Kodak Duaflex II camera from my Dad. That camera took so many photos of my father's childhood during the 1950s. Just thinking about the many moments that camera focused on and captured is why I love old cameras.

My mother has an old Kodak Instamatic from the 70s that she's been trying to hunt down for me. Hopefully that will be added to my collection too. I also have a Kodak Brownie that my husband bought me for Valentine's Day a few years back (my kind of Valentine Chocolate!). He followed that up with a powder pink Polaroid Cool Cam the next year. And by that Christmas I got a (new) white Fuji Instax mini! It's so much fun.


 
I also collect shoes. I love shoes! I need shoe addicts anonymous. At last count I had 93 pairs of shoes. But I have since purchase maybe ten more pairs over the winter. It's bad. I rotate them out in my closet per season otherwise they don't fit. I put my summer shoes away in September but Honeymooned in Antigua in October so some of my wedges and open toe heels never made it into storage this year. This is about a third of that collection:
 

 
I told you it was bad. I need help. And as crazy as it may seem, I do wear them all in a rotation. And if a pair of shoes goes unworn for an entire season I get rid of them. I find homes for the gently loved shoes and toss the rest. The cobbler is my best friend, I go through heel caps like you wouldn't believe.
 
The last thing I collect I have no photo of. My daughter adores the lunchbox love notes I write her so much that she will write them to me as well and slips them into my purse before I catch her. When I get to work I'll find them tucked away inside so I tack them up on the wall of my office. They're good medicine for those stressful days.
 
 ********
 
Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about other bloggers collections. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

2 comments:

Frank said...

Only one pair of sneakers right? ;)

Unknown said...

Nah, I have two if you count the "fashion" pair of sneakers I have. They never get worn though. Maybe I should get rid of them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...