Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 14: What's on Your iPod - 31 Day Blog Challenge

I've never actually owned an iPod, nor have I ever wanted one but then I got an iPhone and became acquainted with Pandora. I grew up with the classics from playing the violin for 10 years and dancing ballet for 8. Classical and oldies (thanks Mom and Dad) were all I really knew until I hit high school (except there was a little Michael Jackson and New Kids on the Block mixed in those years somewhere).

Other than classical music to practice my ballet to, my first real CDs were No Doubt and Tori Amos which my brother gave me for my birthday one year. The following year he introduced me to Morcheeba. And from then on I had a thing for indie rock chicks. I really loved Adele until she became the only voice singing on the radio. Now I sadly skip all of her songs when they start playing on Pandora as she has oversaturated the airwaves.

My Pandora stations are a pretty eclectic mix. The only time I really get to listen to music is on my iPhone at work so the stations change with my stress levels or the type of work I'm working on. Today I was in a George Gershwin mood. But lately I've been really loving Florence and the Machine on Pandora. The mix of artists is amazing and a lot of Mumford and Sons gets cycled through too; enough so that I don't need to make a separate station for them. I get so lost in the music on this station, its so perfect to work to.

I also have Color Blind (yes the song) set as a station because I love that song and the fact that all those one hit wonders from the 90s resurface on that station. It's great for when I'm feeling nostalgic. My last few stations are Kid Cudi, Pearl Jam, Phillip Wesley (the most amazing modern piano ballads ever), and I can't forget Bruno Mars! It's my second most listened to station.

My Pandora stations are a strange mix, aren't they?

 
********
 
Join the 31 Day Blog Challenge!
 
Are you keeping up with the challenge? Head over to Fabulous Finds by Tiffany to link up and read about what other bloggers are listening to. Or you can check out my past Blog Challenge posts here:

5 comments:

Frank said...

Pearl jam, one of my favorite bands ever. First concert I ever saw with Dan when we were in 7th grade. Music tells a story that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I really like your taste in music, but I've never heard of Phillip Wesley. Have to check him out as I love piano ballads.

Unknown said...

Thanks! He's amazing, You'll love his music. Plus as a Pandora station a lot of other really great pianists or instrumental songs come on.

Tiffany said...

Love Color Blind. It's from one of your favorite movies, but then I'm sure you knew that already :)

Unknown said...

Yessss! Part if the reason I love that song! Haha. I think its the only song ever that I can never get sick of.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...