Sunday, September 15, 2013

Glamping by the River

Last weekend we went on our annual camping trip to the Brandywine River with my parents and sister. We go every year as kind of a send-off to summer. My sister stays in a tent but the rest of us "camp" in a fully furnished cabin. Or as I refer to it, glamping.

It's always a refreshing weekend as we kayak, canoe and spend time on and by the river. The trees are all still green but the nights are beginning to get cooler which is perfect for roasting marshmallows and devouring s'mores.

My favorite part of the trip is always kayaking. It's so relaxing to float on the calm crystal clear water and watch the dragonflies dart above the water and sometimes quickly dipping in. The temperature, being in the low to mid-seventies, was perfect for boating.

The riverbed is covered in stones and fools gold that glitters in the sunlight. There is a spot not too far upstream that the water gets incredibly shallow and it was there that my sister stopped the canoe to let Ava out to wade in the cool water and collect some fools gold.

I am ok with summer coming to an end. I am really looking forward to the coming fall and the inevitable changes it brings with it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...